Australian Wind and Solarlian

The best solution for all your power needs

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to Australian Wind and Solar > Wind system designing

Greeny

Hi AWS !!

Been doing alot of research into the feasabilty of installing a wind turbine combined with solar on my rural retreat.:D

Although there may be alot of information relating to the pros and cons and how to design  wind and solar. Does one have to be qualified and accredited in order to design a wind/ hybrid system??:roll:

I have been searching the web for info but want actuall advice. I have been searching on other forums but with no success. Can you help ?:/

April 11, 2013 at 6:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ADANT Services Group
Site Owner

Hi Greeny,

Simple answer YES. There are a few accreditations and licenses required, they are:

licensed electrical contractors license + individual electrical license. The company carrying out the works and the individual electrical MUST be licensed no matter if the system is grid connected or off grid. Every state of aus has a different license, they must be licensed in your state. Ask your installer to see your contractors license.

CEC accreditation for SOLAR DESIGN. The Clean energy council of Australia (CEC) require that a person designing any type of solar installation must be trained and accredited. Ask to see a copy of this accreditation.

CEC accreditation for SOLAR INSTALL. Separate to the solar design accrediting the person INSTALLING the solar system must be trained and accredited by CEC. This does not have to be the same person as the designer. Ask to see a copy of this accreditation.

CEC accreditation WIND ENDORSEMENT. It is Absolutely critical that any company or persons designing and or installation a wind energy power generation system is 1. A qualified electrical contractor as noted above and 2 is WIND ENDORSED BY CEC. In order to obtain a wind endorsement for design and installation of a wind system the individual person MUST have all the qualifications listed above. Ask to see a copy of these licenses / endorsements. The training is a university degree acknowloged by CEC

CEC accreditation for Stand Alone Powed Systems. (Off grid) Any stand alone Power system requires ALL of the accreditations and licenses listed above (wind endorsement is not required if you do not have a wind turbine) the off grid training is a university degree recognised by CEC for both design and installation they are 2 separate components for design and install. 

In all cases ask to see a copy of the individual's license, insurance and CEC accreditation, if there is hesitation in providing this to you then steer clear. If in doubt check the CEC website, it provides easy checks. We know of at least 1 illegally operating company in Victoria but if you carry out your checks and use a company with the accreditations listed above you will be in safe hands. 

Australian Wind and Solar have ALL the qualifications listed above.

Hope this helps. 

--

April 12, 2013 at 7:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Greeny

ADANT Services Group at April 12, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Hi Greeny,

Simple answer YES. There are a few accreditations and licenses required, they are:

licensed electrical contractors license + individual electrical license. The company carrying out the works and the individual electrical MUST be licensed no matter if the system is grid connected or off grid. Every state of aus has a different license, they must be licensed in your state. Ask your installer to see your contractors license.

CEC accreditation for SOLAR DESIGN. The Clean energy council of Australia (CEC) require that a person designing any type of solar installation must be trained and accredited. Ask to see a copy of this accreditation.

CEC accreditation for SOLAR INSTALL. Separate to the solar design accrediting the person INSTALLING the solar system must be trained and accredited by CEC. This does not have to be the same person as the designer. Ask to see a copy of this accreditation.

CEC accreditation WIND ENDORSEMENT. It is Absolutely critical that any company or persons designing and or installation a wind energy power generation system is 1. A qualified electrical contractor as noted above and 2 is WIND ENDORSED BY CEC. In order to obtain a wind endorsement for design and installation of a wind system the individual person MUST have all the qualifications listed above. Ask to see a copy of these licenses / endorsements. The training is a university degree acknowloged by CEC

CEC accreditation for Stand Alone Powed Systems. (Off grid) Any stand alone Power system requires ALL of the accreditations and licenses listed above (wind endorsement is not required if you do not have a wind turbine) the off grid training is a university degree recognised by CEC for both design and installation they are 2 separate components for design and install. 

In all cases ask to see a copy of the individual's license, insurance and CEC accreditation, if there is hesitation in providing this to you then steer clear. If in doubt check the CEC website, it provides easy checks. We know of at least 1 illegally operating company in Victoria but if you carry out your checks and use a company with the accreditations listed above you will be in safe hands. 

Australian Wind and Solar have ALL the qualifications listed above.

Hope this helps. 

Thank you so much for answering my question on your forum. I was told that i could buy a wind turbine kit  and have it connected by any licenced electrician. There should be warnings alerting people that this is not true. I hope other people in my position see this post and know that they are being told LIES:(

April 13, 2013 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ADANT Services Group
Site Owner

Unfortunatley there are many companies that misrepresent themselves and its really about asking to see there licenses. Of course there are still consumers that are happy to go with the unqualified, unlicensed companies that don't offer a design thinking there is a saving to be made. We try to assist these people when there system doesn't work or breaks down.

--

April 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.
Google+