ABB Wind Ready Solar Inverter 5kW + AWS Wind Controller WC20A/800
ABB Wind Ready Solar Inverter
With the integration of the AWS wind turbine controller, the ABB wind ready solar inverter works seamlessly as a wind inverter. The ABB wind ready solar inverter is pre-configured to either power curve or frequency curve inputs.
The simplicity of installation, seamless integration and wide input values make the ABB Wind ready solar inverter the most flexible Wind capable grid tie inverter world wide.
A complete turn key grid integrated or off Grid AC tied Wind turbine system is now accessible and ready for installation.
The embedded logging capabilities and direct transferring of the data to Internet (via Ethernet or WLAN) allow customers to enjoy
the whole Aurora Vision remote monitoring experience. The advanced communication interfaces (WLAN, Ethernet, RS485) combined with an efficient Modbus
(RTU/TCP) communication protocol, Sunspec compliant, allow the inverter to be easily integrated within any smart environment and with third party monitoring and control systems.
A complete set of control functions with the embedded efficient algorithm, enabling dynamic control of the feed-in (i.e. zero injection), make the inverter suitable for worldwide applications in compliance with regulatory norms and needs of the utilities.
This new tool allows residential customers to remotely monitor the performance of their own solar plant and provides all information necessary to increase energy self-reliance and self-sufficiency.
• Wireless access to the embedded Web User Interface
• Easy commissioning capability
• Future-proof with embedded connectivity for smart building and smart grid integration
• Dynamic feed-in control (for instance “zero injection”)
• Remote firmware upgrade for inverter and components
• Modbus TCP/RTU Sunspec compliant
• Lifetime free of charge access to Aurora Vision
View ABB Wind Ready Solar Inverter Technical Specifications
AWS Wind Turbine Controller
AWS, Australia's leading wind turbine manufacturer (under 100kW), delivers the ABB inverter wind turbine controller/interface.
• Rectify the wild AC from a turbine for use with inverters
• Store the power curve for the inverter and control the inverter power, over-riding solar MPPT, and enabling solar inverters to work with wind or hydro
• Variable dump load management in PWM to control turbine speed and protect inverters from over-voltage
• Provide data-logging for turbine speed and voltage, inverter power and wind speed.
The AWS wind controller diversion load output can be switched as a variable load using PWM, or by the set on/off points. Both options are fully configurable and can be used to manage turbine over-voltage or to slow a turbine in gusts.
The controller also provides a load during grid failure (on/off set points only).
The controller includes a relay which can be switched based on frequency or voltage to manage pitch, or 3 phase dump load etc.
The controller has modbus and we can provide a list of protocols.
When a fault has occurred, datalogging can indicate the nature of the fault. The controller stores logs for 1 year to an on-board micro-SD card. Logged information includes;
• Turbine RPM (as frequency), both average and peak
• Turbine DC Voltage
• Wind Speed (if anemometer present)
• Controller brake, dump load and any fault status
• Turbine phase loss detection
• Inverter Status including;
o AC Voltage & Current
o DC Voltage & Current
Rectifier and Capacitors
The controllers come with a range of options for rectifier and capacitor sizes depending on power and working voltage.
An internal LCD screen provides basic information on turbine status.
View AWS Controller Technical Specifications